Well, The Chicken has once again made the top of the list.
Forbes magazine released it’s list of the Top 10 most liked sports mascots this week.
Because when I think mascots, I think Forbes.
At #1, we see our old friend Mr. Famous Chicken, after the chicken in a close second comes the Phillie Phanatic… a prior namee to the top of this list.
The rest of the list plays out much as you would expect… large market and longevity are big positives, but there are some great mascots on the list!
Here’s the official rankings for 2010:
1. The Famous (San Diego) Chicken
2. The Phillie Phanatic (Philadelphia)
3. Mr. Met (New York)
4. The Racing Sausages from Milwaukee (They all tied for #5?)
5. The Gorilla (Phoenix Suns)
6. Benny The Bull (Chicago)
7. Wally The Green Monster (Boston)
8. Billy The Marlin (Florida)
9. Rocky (Denver Nuggets)
10. The Coyote (San Antonio Spurs)
There you have it, the 10 most liked mascots according to Forbes magazine and some marketing lackeys that need something better to do.